• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LaToyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
Laura62

Walking vs driving

109 posts in this topic

My sweater collection has grown .. :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

My sweater collection has grown .. :)

Sweatshirts here...for around the house...I do have a nice collection of cardigans for work

I wear capri's indoors year around.  I often throw on an afgan if I am reading.  If I leave the house, I do dress according to the weather.  I don't want stranded out in the country, have to wait for help, and freeze my...butt...off.

But, then I am very warm natured yet, my feet are always cold.  I wear what I am comfortable in and I hate long sleeves and pants in the house where hubby is freezing and has the heat up.

Last week DD was here and it was below freezing.  She had pulled on a sweat shirt over her Tee.  She was complaining about having to wear sleeves.  She is even hotter than I am.  Getting her to even wear a jacket as a child was a full blown war.  I'm not sure she owns one now.

I tend to be cold (in winter) - until I'm too hot, that is (heat turned up too high indoors or very bundled up outdoors, etc.). Generally, I favor sweatshirts (and layers if I'm going out), but have a few sweaters, as well. ODD got me a beautiful sweater for Xmas, but that will be for special occasions. YDD gave me an equally beautiful and cozy robe. My DDs like to want to keep me warm in the winter, I guess! :)

2 hours ago, RoseRed135 said:

but that will be for special occasions

At our age, RR, life is a special occasion

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Around here, walking ANYWHERE is taking your life in your hands. There are very few sidewalks, except in HOA neighborhoods, and there are few stores closer than 5 miles away. Most of the roads around here (rural-ish small town suburb) are higher top with slopes down on either side, so you either walk IN the road or sort of perilously hike the sides. Now 'in town' where our town hall is located, there is a mixed use area, with town homes, small garden homes, shoppes and restaurants. There is it easy to walk to the grocery store, drug store, restaurants, doctors offices, coffee shops, boutiques, churches, etc. But as far as walking to work, unless you live in that particular area AND work in one of those places in town, walking is out of the question. Most people who live here do so for the lower taxes and commute to the nearest big city for work. 

I actually DO walk to work, but I don't think it counts. I walk from my bedroom or kitchen to my home office lol. 

As far as sweaters....I'm more of a sweatshirt/hoodie girl. Sweaters, except on rare occasions, make me itch! But I'm very cold-natured and usually work under a blanket with a space heater in the winter!

Edited by BlueEyedGirl

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎30 at 11:42 PM, Mame925 said:

Sweatshirts here...for around the house...I do have a nice collection of cardigans for work

One thing we don't do (and never have done), is bundle-up inside the house. Winter is winter... that's what the furnace is for, unless of course an extra layer is wanted (by choice). :) 

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎30 at 6:23 AM, SueSTx said:

I wear capri's indoors year around.  I often throw on an afgan if I am reading.  If I leave the house, I do dress according to the weather.  I don't want stranded out in the country, have to wait for help, and freeze my...butt...off.

But, then I am very warm natured yet, my feet are always cold.  I wear what I am comfortable in and I hate long sleeves and pants in the house where hubby is freezing and has the heat up.

Last week DD was here and it was below freezing.  She had pulled on a sweat shirt over her Tee.  She was complaining about having to wear sleeves.  She is even hotter than I am.  Getting her to even wear a jacket as a child was a full blown war.  I'm not sure she owns one now.

Myself, I enjoy comfy, too, but with me it's sweat pants and tops (inside the house). No binding, just nice comfy, loose-fitting apparel.

Oh, I enjoy comfort also, but my biggest problem is the time does come when I have to put on some pants with a button and zipper and force myself to step on the scales and dig out the next larger size and go back to watching what I eat.