• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LaToyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.

8 posts in this topic

... watching your GC on New Years Eve? Or doing your own thing?

Or if you're the parent of young children, will their GPs have them on NYE while you go out? Or do they still socialize on NYE themselves?

Or if you're a custodial GP, will you be leaving your GC w/ any other GP/relative, so you can go out? Or do you spend NYE w/ the kids?

DH & I haven't gone out or had friends in for NYE for years. So we, generally, have the DGC stay over for on NYE while YDD goes out. In fact, often, we  get to have them for a couple of nights - this year, they'll be w/ us from Sat night through Monday morning. We are all looking forward to it! :)

How about you?

I’m spending NYE with my granddaughter. She has a basketball tournament this morning so we’re getting ready to go to that.

@Laura62 - Best of luck to GD and her team! :give_rose:

1 person likes this

I've had invites to 2 parties as well as invited to Sis/Bil for an overnighter...I'm going to one of the parties...The hostess is a childhood friend of DS who has hosted this same event for at least 20 years...Good people who I like a lot and this woman knows how to host a fun party. Clever games, good food, good company. 

And I still have the grandpup...I think he's going home New Year's day. 

New Years Eve, has always been about us and us only. We don't care to go out (anywhere), nor do we invite anyone over, and we don't even strive to welcome the New Year in by staying up late. If we make it until midnight, great, and if we don't, then it's an earlier start to the first day of the year, and we're good with that. :) 

Wow! 3 posts and 3 different sets of plans!

As for me, the DGC are already happily ensconced in our house and will be here till late Monday morning. We had a chicken dinner tonight, but tomorrow we'll order in pizza and maybe a few other dishes. DH and I will stay up and watch New Year's Rockin' Eve, etc. The kids, maybe not (they're mom allows it though), unless they're willing and able to take naps in the afternoon (last year they did, but they're not too crazy about the idea, of course - depends on how much they each want to stay up till midnight, LOL). Regardless, we have enough snacks in for them and us if they stay up. So we're good either way. Best thing is their excitement when they wake up on Jan 1 and realize it truly is a brand new year.  :)

Edited by RoseRed135

I won't be keeping or spending New Years Eve with my grandchildren this year.  They range in age from twenty down to eight so they all have plans on there own!  And my husband and I have plans for ourselves!  I do see all of them several times a week and they come spend the night with me often.  So it is nice to be able to have this holiday to ourselves :)

Edited by jenenon

I will be spending NYE with 2 of my grands. We will most likely have an electronic Monopoly marathon.