• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

Tell us about your experience with signing up for Medicare   01/23/18

We want to know what the process was like for you, any difficulties you experienced, the length of your process, etc. This is strictly research and any information you share with us will not be shared elsewhere. Please email jack@grandparents.com with the subject line: Medicare Process and we'll be in touch with specific questions.
    • LaToyaADMIN

PLEASE READ: We are moving the community   02/15/18

Dear Community friends and family,   After great consideration, we are moving the Grandparents.com community to Facebook Groups effective March 15, 2018.   This wasn’t an easy decision, but we want to bring our communities together and believe the best place to do so is through Facebook’s groups feature. We’re so appreciative of you and the diverse conversations and opinions you have provided over the past 9 years. Your stories and amazing advice have helped so many readers, and have reached thousands of GP.com users. We encourage you to retrieve any information you want to retain as the forum will only be accessible by the admin after March 15, 2018. We’ve created a closed Facebook group called Mothers-in-Law Unplugged where we welcome you to continue the conversations around grandparenting, family, and in-law relationships, and any general topics we discuss here. As the group is closed and each user must be approved, your friends and family on Facebook won’t see any of your activity. Request to join the group here: http://bit.ly/milunplugged Thank you to all of our past and current users. You helped build our community, and we look forward to continuing to interact with you in the Facebook groups. If you have any questions about the groups and privacy, let’s chat about here:   Sincerely,   The Grandparents.com Team
GrandNonna

My Lucy moment ( the story of the battery charger )

3 posts in this topic

So I was charging my battery using a friends charger . A very old one made by Schauer . I disconnected the cables , placed them on a box that sat in front of my car in the garage and the charger off to the corner. The next morning I had to be at the church to discuss volunteering. As I pull out I hear this high pitch squealing noise. I think it's the break shoes and drums I just had installed to my back end of the car. After  back out I drive forward. I still hear it . I pull back into the garage , get out , look under the back of the car, sides of the car and I see nothing . So I call the shop and they say bring it in . But what can it be I ask ? They have no clue and encourage me to come back in . So I do . The noise seems to quiet down . After I make my right turn I hear it again and then I see this beige box tumbling to the left in the street ! 

OMG! How ? It's the battery charger ! I make a U -turn and go back , pick it up , it has lost its cables and plug. All my mind could do was think over and over again how this happened remaining   clueless. I arrive at the shop , get out , walk around the font of my car and go in. When the mechanic came out to drive the car in the stall he notices the cables hanging off my front license plate. It was then that I realised that they fell off the box , tangled around the top of my plate and dragged the charger with them before breaking off. My friend who put my plates on didn't insert the top portion into the slots provided before screwing the bottom part secure. Now I am on ebay making a bid on another charger . This thing took a real beating and is still strongly together with the acception of the meter and window that covered it . The needle remains . Oh I wish I could find the rest of it because I rewired the plug . That was my Lucille Ball comedy hour of the week. 

4 people like this

Some how reading this I just had a felling the battery charger was going to be in the car some where.   

Glad everything turned out all right. 

1 person likes this

Thanks ! I ordered the meter and put the wires back together again.  I have to go back and remove the case to put tape around the wires inside it .

You would never know such a battery tragedy has happened and I ordered my own cute little portable charger of my own . LOL! 

2 people like this