• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

Tell us about your experience with signing up for Medicare   01/23/18

We want to know what the process was like for you, any difficulties you experienced, the length of your process, etc. This is strictly research and any information you share with us will not be shared elsewhere. Please email jack@grandparents.com with the subject line: Medicare Process and we'll be in touch with specific questions.
    • LaToyaADMIN

PLEASE READ: We are moving the community   02/15/18

Dear Community friends and family,   After great consideration, we are moving the Grandparents.com community to Facebook Groups effective March 15, 2018.   This wasn’t an easy decision, but we want to bring our communities together and believe the best place to do so is through Facebook’s groups feature. We’re so appreciative of you and the diverse conversations and opinions you have provided over the past 9 years. Your stories and amazing advice have helped so many readers, and have reached thousands of GP.com users. We encourage you to retrieve any information you want to retain as the forum will only be accessible by the admin after March 15, 2018. We’ve created a closed Facebook group called Mothers-in-Law Unplugged where we welcome you to continue the conversations around grandparenting, family, and in-law relationships, and any general topics we discuss here. As the group is closed and each user must be approved, your friends and family on Facebook won’t see any of your activity. Request to join the group here: http://bit.ly/milunplugged Thank you to all of our past and current users. You helped build our community, and we look forward to continuing to interact with you in the Facebook groups. If you have any questions about the groups and privacy, let’s chat about here:   Sincerely,   The Grandparents.com Team
RoseRed135

Do you believe in "Soul Mates?" (Question of the Month, February 2018)

7 posts in this topic

With Valentine's Day so close at hand, once again, my mind is on romantic love. And I'm wondering, do you believe in "Soul Mates?" True Love?" Finding "The One?" Or...??

Yes I do....DH & I were very well matched...couldn't seem to do enough for each other...would much rather be with him than anyone else ever...

And while you wait:

(I had to remove the attachment as it contained variations of words generally filtered out)

Edited by Mame925
4 people like this

YES !!!!    Together through thick and thin 49 years, DH has said I know no one else could put up with me, I feel like no one else could stand my silly little habits.

1 person likes this

Me too! I still can remember that little voice in my head, telling me, "This is it!" after only a brief conversation! DH says he "knew" right away, as well. Of course, we still had to get to know each other. And I realize it doesn't happen that way for everyone - I think we all know some couples who were at odds w/ each other at first or "just friends" until they came to realize how well-matched they were. But, IMO, most of us - probably all - have a Soul Mate out there, no matter how we happen to find them.

IDK if we each have only one soul mate. So I'm not sure if  "Soul Mate" is exactly the same concept as "The One." In fact, I'm not sure there's "only one" person out there for each of us. I know people who have fallen deeply in love more than once in their lives. So, IMO, some of us may have more than one Soul Mate. But ideally, we find one  of them w/o too much trouble and enjoy a love/relationship w/ them that lasts and lasts.

Thoughts?

No .. :)  I wouldn't say we're soulmates- We're more like acquired tastes .. kind of like Vegemite ..

Yes. 

I must admit I met my husband at age 12  7th grade &  and thru school couldn't stand him.

In the middle of 10th grade he asked me to go out and I told my GF 1 smart remark and we are done. Well he turned out to be very kind &  sweet & protective. 

We dated 2 1/2 years before he  signed up for the Marines & I got pregnant the night before he left. He came home from  Boot Camp,( don't know how,) and we got married. 

We were only 17 and all I wanted was to be married to him. We have been married 55 yrs this May. Yes I do feel there is such a thing as a soul mate. 

Not in the conventional sense, I just think people are meant to meet at certain times of their lives and meant to go at others. So, I guess if you consider friends, certain family members and associates soul mates, then sure.