• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

Tell us about your experience with signing up for Medicare   01/23/18

We want to know what the process was like for you, any difficulties you experienced, the length of your process, etc. This is strictly research and any information you share with us will not be shared elsewhere. Please email jack@grandparents.com with the subject line: Medicare Process and we'll be in touch with specific questions.
    • LaToyaADMIN

PLEASE READ: We are moving the community   02/15/18

Dear Community friends and family,   After great consideration, we are moving the Grandparents.com community to Facebook Groups effective March 15, 2018.   This wasn’t an easy decision, but we want to bring our communities together and believe the best place to do so is through Facebook’s groups feature. We’re so appreciative of you and the diverse conversations and opinions you have provided over the past 9 years. Your stories and amazing advice have helped so many readers, and have reached thousands of GP.com users. We encourage you to retrieve any information you want to retain as the forum will only be accessible by the admin after March 15, 2018. We’ve created a closed Facebook group called Mothers-in-Law Unplugged where we welcome you to continue the conversations around grandparenting, family, and in-law relationships, and any general topics we discuss here. As the group is closed and each user must be approved, your friends and family on Facebook won’t see any of your activity. Request to join the group here: http://bit.ly/milunplugged Thank you to all of our past and current users. You helped build our community, and we look forward to continuing to interact with you in the Facebook groups. If you have any questions about the groups and privacy, let’s chat about here:   Sincerely,   The Grandparents.com Team
Mame925

TV Shows, Past & Present...

12 posts in this topic

So, what are you watching these days?

I find I still don't have the attention span to take on new shows...and I've found I've lost interest in some old favorites...

Right now my DVR has 22 new episodes of L&O SVU that I just can't seem to get around to watching...historically its one of my favorites. I find myself watching NCIS, The Big Bang Theory (my favorite!), The Property Brothers, Young Sheldon (so well cast, Annie Potts is killer as Meemaw), Mom, Apartment JKL (my only new show this year, love Mark Feuerstein) & Call the Midwife (when comes back in April),  and, of course, Say Yes to the Dress...couture design fascinates me...and I love Randy Fenoli, Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders: Making the Team remains my brain candy.

I deleted Hawaii 5-0, which surprised even me...stopped watching Grimm, Scorpion, NCIS LA & NCIS New Orleans...and don't miss them...

I may take some time to binge watch This Is Us...every review I've heard is positive. I watched the pilot episode and enjoyed it, but didn't seek it out initially....moving forward we'll see.....

That was present..

The past?

I still watch reruns of "The Andy Griffith Show" & "M*A*S*H"...two of my all time favorites. The 'decades' channel occasionally will have a serious blast from the past...I recorded the weekend of "Burke's Law"...still haven't watched them all, but nice to know they are ready when I am...and TVLand has all sorts of stuff 24/7.

2 hours ago, Mame925 said:

I may take some time to binge watch This Is Us...every review I've heard is positive. I watched the pilot episode and enjoyed it, but didn't seek it out initially....moving forward we'll see.....

Love This Is Us! Just love it!

1 person likes this

Recently binge watched  Madam Secretary- Finished the last season of Grimm last week- Following the new X Files eventhough it just isnt cutting it- Been watching This Is Us since it began- Started Stranger Things but dropped the ball- All caught up on Outlander- Dont rewatch Hawaii Five-0 but the theme song remains a favorite- We've rewatched Johnny Quest, Bugs, Coyote / Road Runner, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Kolchak, Peter Gunn, Harry O, Jackass, Cosmos, South Park- Id love to rewatch Captain Kangaroo and Mr Rodgers- Will rewatch The Waltons any day of the week-

13 minutes ago, RoseRed135 said:

Love This Is Us! Just love it!

Me too- :)

1 person likes this

Love This is Us, also watched Damnation, and now the the Alienist. Just want to watch something different. Also watch some shows on PPS like Victoria

I'm just getting tired of the same old shows maybe it's because I've have surgeries after surgeries and I'm just plain tired of TV. 

The Young Ones!

b4b4ff7ddd0592c7b010e17aa00399630c9bf524

On 2/11/2018 at 1:36 PM, godsgifts said:

Love This is Us, also watched Damnation, and now the the Alienist. Just want to watch something different. Also watch some shows on PPS like Victoria

I'm just getting tired of the same old shows maybe it's because I've have surgeries after surgeries and I'm just plain tired of TV. 

There's a lot to watch on Youtube, more than likely something that is of interest- Lots of comedy- A great one is Bill Burr - Let It Go  -- It's just over an hour long, laughs start to finish-

1 person likes this

New shows: Waco (mini-series on David Koresh, even ODD is watching that one with us), 9-1-1, Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, Superstore (don't ask, I can't explain why lol), Seal Team, The Brave, The Librarians, and The Gifted

Old Shows: The Love Boat, Relic Hunter (Thank you Amazon Prime), Fantasy Island, here and there a little bit of Murder She Wrote. METV is a great channel!!!

I have watched free movies on youtube and will again.  I do not use netflick or Hulu, I'm to tight to pay.  You can watch many TV programs online for free also.