• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

Tell us about your experience with signing up for Medicare   01/23/18

We want to know what the process was like for you, any difficulties you experienced, the length of your process, etc. This is strictly research and any information you share with us will not be shared elsewhere. Please email jack@grandparents.com with the subject line: Medicare Process and we'll be in touch with specific questions.
    • LaToyaADMIN

PLEASE READ: We are moving the community   02/15/18

Dear Community friends and family,   After great consideration, we are moving the Grandparents.com community to Facebook Groups effective March 15, 2018.   This wasn’t an easy decision, but we want to bring our communities together and believe the best place to do so is through Facebook’s groups feature. We’re so appreciative of you and the diverse conversations and opinions you have provided over the past 9 years. Your stories and amazing advice have helped so many readers, and have reached thousands of GP.com users. We encourage you to retrieve any information you want to retain as the forum will only be accessible by the admin after March 15, 2018. We’ve created a closed Facebook group called Mothers-in-Law Unplugged where we welcome you to continue the conversations around grandparenting, family, and in-law relationships, and any general topics we discuss here. As the group is closed and each user must be approved, your friends and family on Facebook won’t see any of your activity. Request to join the group here: http://bit.ly/milunplugged Thank you to all of our past and current users. You helped build our community, and we look forward to continuing to interact with you in the Facebook groups. If you have any questions about the groups and privacy, let’s chat about here:   Sincerely,   The Grandparents.com Team
RoseRed135

Are you watching the Winter Olympics?....

10 posts in this topic

... and, if so, what's your favorite event? If not, why not?

I like the Ice Dancing, but other than that for me the winter Olympics are rather boring although I sometimes watch all the ice skating.

Love love love all the figure skating. Karen Chen is a local, from the same town as Kristi Yamaguchi...so we're all rooting for her. DD & I get on FB messenger during the ladies' skates to critique the costumes. SIL thinks we're goofy. I adore Nathan Chen. He's only 18 and this is his first Olympics so seeing his nerves the other night was really hard on me...He's favored to win the individual gold, however. And Scott Hamilton can be my announcer forever....what a treasure

I also like ski jumping (some thing that is perversely fascinating to me as I would NEVER attempt it) and some of the downhill skiing. Their skill is amazing. My kids' half brother is a snowboarder, something DS would probably do if we lived in snow country...adrenaline junkiness runs in their dad's family...

I've been watching ..

US Figure Skating captured the team bronze...on to individual events! 

1 person likes this

We're big on figure skating in this family, too! Watch as much as we can.

I set up the prime time on DVR, so anything I want to see is there when I'm ready....

I love it all! Even the curling! I watch whatever I can as long as I can keep the remote out of my DH's hands. He's a habitual channel-surfer, ugh. We should start a thread on that!

I guess my favorite event is the half-pipe. Least favorite (don't hate me) is hockey. I just didn't grow up watching or understanding it, and can't track the puck!

I'm heart broken for Nathan Chen...sitting at #17 after the short skate. He fell twice. It has to be nerves. I hope he gathers it all together for the free skate, where he could overtake them all to finish in the top 5...he is, however most likely out of medal contention. He'll be dazzling in 2022...

Just watched France's Vanessa James and Morgan Ciprès perform on the ice on youtube. Got a tweet about it on twitter so I thought I would check them out. Amazing performance.

1 person likes this