• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninnyem

Missing my Granddaughter

5 posts in this topic

Today marks my first day without my granddaughter. I am having "Ninny" withdrawal symptoms. I MISS her very much. She has moved to Mississippi with her mommy (my daughter) and her daddy due to daddy's job. They are only 8 hours away from me, yet, it feels as though I will never see her again. I just got off the phone with her, she just turned "one" July 31st, even though she may not understand that Ninny is hundreds of miles away, it brings pleasure to my face to be able to talk to her on the phone. I will be purchasing a webcam so I can see and speak with her. This is my only grand child, so needless to say I was heartbroken to find out that they would be moving. I thank God that I was able to cherish and enjoy her 1st year here in Texas. I look forward to plenty of visits and enjoying every precious moments with my Granddaughter.

So sorry they have moved. I can only imagine how lost you must feel. Are you able to drive? Eight hours really is not far if you just decide to do it. The web cam is a great idea, I talk to my sis that way. My GS just got back from a three day camp and I missed him so much, as I have him almost everyday. So my heart hurts for you.

Thank you for the kind words. I am making plans to visit in the next couple of weeks. I will be starting school August 30th, so I only have a short window of opportunity before things get busy for me. I know your missing your grandchildren as well.

Please look into getting a cam for both families. It's the only way a child so young will keep remembering you. Before you know it, she'll be asking to see you on the screen. It's pretty fun to act just as silly on screen as in person -LOL

Thanks for the suggestion. I have shared this with my daughter as well. I want to keep up with her development,you know how quickly they grow up.