• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Treecie

Grandma's/ caught in the middle

4 posts in this topic

I'm very new here so I hope u don't mind if I join in. My daught-in-law is wonderful and a good mom.Love her to death. Now DON'T forget, she's married to my son,ok? They have 3 very beautiful children, who are the apple of my eye of course! He left her MONTHS ago and he is really bein' a jerk. (putting it mild) we've had to support her n the kids in whatever shape or form, and I'm really getting tired!! My son knows we will not let the KIDS go without. It's a long detailing story and really sucks! He (son) is ****** @ me and my hubby for helping ETC. Haven't seen or talked to him since the end of aug.2009. This is just the surface, believe me!!!

oh treecie, i'm sorry. you're doing the right thing! taking care of your grandchildren when their father left them is loving, honorable and moral. you didn't prepare to support a household of 4 at this age, of course. ideally you could your dil find a way to be able support her family (job or better job). teaching her to fish. she also should get herself a lawyer for child support. your son sounds disturbed. i hope he is getting mental health help. i can't imagine what's going on that he would get mad at anyone for helping the children he now refuses to help himself. when he gets mad at you, he's trying to put you in the middle of his marriage. but rest easy, you're not in the middle of anything. you're stepping up for the children. bless you and all you do.

Treecie: I know it must feel terrible to know that your son walked away from his children. Also hard to have to pitch in and help at this point in your life, but we do what we HAVE to do. Hang in there, your reward will come.

You are very loving to take care of your grandchildren. As for your son, maybe he needs to step out of his ego trip and take responsibility for his children and wife both emotionally and financially. So many men and women will not take responsibility for their children, and this is so sad. I know it's difficult for you right now, but the difficulty will pass. Maybe if your son doesn't want to take responsibility for his children, maybe the courts need to step in and make him responsible. I wish you peace, harmony, laughter and love.