• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Feeling Shut Out

1 post in this topic

My youngest son married his high school girlfriend a couple of years ago. While they were dating, she was at our house always. We had a good relationship, I thought. I am 56 years old and finally became a grandmother in July to a beautiful baby girl. I have always wanted to be a mamaw. My husband and I have (5) sons. This is the first girl. When my son told me we were going to be grandparents, I cried from happiness all day. It is now Nov. It is so hard being the mother of the son. Girls are naturally close to their Moms. I was close to mine. But, I feel completely shut out. My daughter in law is a nurse. Her family babysits our granddaughter. I have expressed that I would like to keep her. Only twice since she was born. Now my son just purchase a house close to my daughter-in-law's parents, farther from us. We live in the same area, but since the baby has been born, they have only visited twice. We try to go visit once a week, but I feel like a stranger in my son's home. Tonight we went to visit and my granddaughter cried when I held her. It's from not being around us. I held back tears for most of the night. My son called today and invited us over. He said for dinner, but when my daughter-in-law got home, she had purchased chicken to go over to her parent's home to eat. We left. I am so depressed. I have no one to talk to. I will not say anything to the children. I don't want things to get worse. I feel so hurt. I feel like I have to give up and being close to my granddaughter. If I don't give up then I will just get hurt over and over again. Surely, someone else out there has been in this situation. Please give me some comforting advise on how to let it go.