• Announcements

• LaToyaADMIN

Tell us about your experience with signing up for Medicare   01/23/18

We want to know what the process was like for you, any difficulties you experienced, the length of your process, etc. This is strictly research and any information you share with us will not be shared elsewhere. Please email jack@grandparents.com with the subject line: Medicare Process and we'll be in touch with specific questions.
    • LaToyaADMIN

PLEASE READ: We are moving the community   02/15/18

Dear Community friends and family,   After great consideration, we are moving the Grandparents.com community to Facebook Groups effective March 15, 2018.   This wasn’t an easy decision, but we want to bring our communities together and believe the best place to do so is through Facebook’s groups feature. We’re so appreciative of you and the diverse conversations and opinions you have provided over the past 9 years. Your stories and amazing advice have helped so many readers, and have reached thousands of GP.com users. We encourage you to retrieve any information you want to retain as the forum will only be accessible by the admin after March 15, 2018. We’ve created a closed Facebook group called Mothers-in-Law Unplugged where we welcome you to continue the conversations around grandparenting, family, and in-law relationships, and any general topics we discuss here. As the group is closed and each user must be approved, your friends and family on Facebook won’t see any of your activity. Request to join the group here: http://bit.ly/milunplugged Thank you to all of our past and current users. You helped build our community, and we look forward to continuing to interact with you in the Facebook groups. If you have any questions about the groups and privacy, let’s chat about here:   Sincerely,   The Grandparents.com Team
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RoseRed135

You're in the Right Place!

6 posts in this topic

Hi! It's Rosered135! I got here b4 tedybearnana but I'm sure she'll be here some time this weekend. I know the new site wasn't supposed to be up until tomorrow, GP Day, but it came on early this morning. And never mind that it lists CookieGrandma under the name of the group - she hasn't been here for a long time! Once, she and Tedy were co-mods of this room, I think, but that hasn't been the case for quite a while. And this is the same Empty Nest No Longer that you belonged to on the "old" GP.com. If the wrong mod's name is up there, it's one of the little blips the site is experiencing, during the transition.

It's not the only one, of course. Some are more aggravating than others, but I'm sure they'll all be fixed very soon. For example, it seems that many of the more recent posts - the ones from about the middle of August on - have "disappeared," though, hopefully, they can bring them back. The stickyposts are unglued (I was afraid of that) and, in this group, they've landed further down the page. But tedy, if and when you read this, please know that you're lucky - in some groups, the stickies seem to have vanished, period! ...... One good change is that now we can see a post while we're replying to it! Yay! But, unlike on the old site, here, the LATEST reply shows up FIRST on the first page of the thread, NOT the earliest. (The earliest post, instead, is the one at the very end.) .... By the same token, as far as the order of threads is concerned, just like on the old site, the LATEST thread comes out at the top of the FIRST page. Fine. But, for better or worse, one CAN'T bump a thread up to the front, by adding a new reply or any other way. If, say, a thread is the 3rd one on the page, even if one replies to it, it will still be the 3rd one on that page. The only thing that changes that is if and when a new thread is created and pushes every other thread back one.

Another piece of good news, though - as I'm sure you've noticed, one can get around the new site much faster than the old. Yay again! That's a *huge* plus! And again, hopefully, all problems will be straightened out sooner rather than later...

Oh, and the reason I separated my thoughts by keying in dot-dot-dot, etc., instead of paragraphing, is that the way things stand now, one can't paragraph (unless I'm missing something).

And, tedy, you may think I should have told you some of this in PM, but guess what? Yeah... right now, the PM system isn't working...

But another piece of good news - if you have trouble reading a post due to the size of the letters, you just press aA (top, right) and the print becomes larger, while you read and type. It doesn't stay that way though. Some of you may be familiar with this from this/that other site. But if, like me, you weren't, now you know... :- )

Well, hi Rosered and any of the rest of you who mosey in. It ought to prove interesting. I do hope they get some of the kinks out. For instance, I've already written a reply. Now, I have no idea WHERE it went! When I first clicked in I saw the thread by Redrose - and then posts by some of the members - and a place for me to comment or reply or post or something. Hmm... so good, so far - but NOW - i seem to be on a different page/site/whatever - Rosered's post is still here, as are the other two posts by her as she discovers new things - but everyone else's thread, INCLUDING MY ORIGINAL POST is NOWHERE TO BE SEEN! am i in limbo? sort of feels like it.

If i'm not, I want to welcome any and all who decide to wander in and see what we're about - or who have needs that my group can possibly help with. I wish us all luck and may we grow old together if we can help each other along life's very interesting and sometimes disconcerting path.

WELCOME TO EMPTY NEST NO LONGER (and i do hope THIS post lands not with my first, but with the rest of the groups!

rosered, it looks as if you should have "dotted" a couple more times, lol! then all of your smiley would have gotten on one line! i'm hoping they can get some of this fixed soon.

Didn't see this till now, tedy, though I saw your own thread and posted in it. I hope they get all the glitches fixed soon, too. One seems to have been taken care of so maybe that's a good sign - the fact that people now have to log in to reply to the Newsletter/articles. Up until yesterday, they could post anonymously there and so many of them did. There were lots of "anonymouses" all talking to each other, etc. LOL! Hopefully, we'll see more improvements b4 the week is out. And hopefully, more people will come into the groups. I'm not even thinking so much of new members now, as just former ones. It seems as if a lot of them are hesitating to get started though I'm seeing a little more action in a couple of places. Keeping my fingers crossed...