• Announcements

• LatoyaADMIN

What to do if you get a "Wrong Password" message   01/21/16

You must reset your password (even if you know it's the right one) before you can sign into the community. Thanks to the upgrade, there's an issue with passwords and signing in. The good news is that you can click here: http://community.grandparents.com/index.php?/lostpassword/ to change your password (it'll let you reuse your old one). If you can't reach the email address connected to your account then please contact the admin at latoya@grandparents.com and I'll help you sort it out. 
    • LatoyaADMIN

Anonymous posting is back   01/21/16

We've removed the extra step that required you to go to the full-page editor to access the anonymous post option. Now, you can reply to a post and toggle the button to post anonymous (see photo below).    Read more on anonymous posting here:    In short, the mods can see who posts as anonymous, we moderate anonymous posts the same as revealed posts, you can reply anonymously to your own topic, you may report anonymous posts.
Guest Kalana

What helps you when...

33 posts in this topic

...you're feeling the worst? Tell us about it!

A cup of tea and a good book.

Bubble bath

I listen to loud music...the kind you feel in your chest

A helping hand.  My husband just handed me my house key and told me to come inside while he drove the little ones to meet their mom.

1 person likes this

I had a bubblebath, and am listening to music...a cup of tea is in my near future!

I've learned that if I do my stretches (prescribed by the PT) at bedtime, I sleep better.

1 person likes this

Taking a walk when I'm nervous helps, and if I'm blue, it helps to go outside and see birds and flowers, or even pure white snow...

2 people like this

I turn up the loud music, like Kalana...then sing at the top of my lungs till my voice is hoarse and I am exhausted.

Or...sharing a glass of wine with my fiance as he lets me vent...vent...vent.:) God bless him and his forebearence.

Talking to my friends.

1 person likes this

A cup of tea, long hot bubble bath. The best answer though, reading the Bible, especially Psalms. Psalms chapters 23,26,46 and Matthew chapter 5, many many more....And lastly heartfelt prayer, I can honestly say my spirits are lifted. :friends:

1 person likes this

after just having had my youngest (age 2) gs for 2 nights, i've decided that HE is my absolutely best medicine. he has a constant magical grin on his face - i asked him this afternoon if he was my sweet-heart. he said "yeth," smiled and  then added "nana MY thweethot"!

that would lift any nana's day!  

1 person likes this

Tedybearnana,

That is adorable.  These times just make your heart melt. 

That one really got me, tedy! Sooo adorable!

My DGC are my "best medicine," too! After that  comes journaling or talking with people here on this website! :)

1 person likes this

The Motown Sounds of the 60s and 70s...they put a smile on my face.

My granddaughter dressing up in my clothes and acting goofing, just to hear me laugh....love it....

1 person likes this

A child's laugh always brightens my day!

1 person likes this

Listening to inspirational Christian music.

2 people like this

My Great Grandson brightens my day.. having said that I have had this flu type thing since last Thursday and since all I have wanted was 'me' time.. how selfish is that, but I have had a couple of days, just enjoying me.. :acute:

1 person likes this

I sleep. Also if I really get the blues bad I invite my 9 year old grandson over to spend the night. He cheers me up

4 people like this

i think that getting online into one of my groups and helping someone who is feeling even worse than me helps me a lot.

3 people like this

i think that getting online into one of my groups and helping someone who is feeling even worse than me helps me a lot.

me too

2 people like this